Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan Air Source Heat Pumps
Air Source Heat Pumps
What are air source heat pumps?
Ecodan air source heat pumps are the renewable, low carbon alternative to traditional high carbon heating systems suitable for any environment from small flats to large houses, and from an office block to a school. Ecodan heat pumps represent reliable, renewable heating technology that delivers highly efficient sustainable space heating and hot water all year round.
- A highly energy efficient system
- Government incentive grants
- Award-winning low noise levels
- A future-proof heating solution
How does Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan system work?
- First, you need an outdoor unit that requires electricity and water connections. The outdoor unit is easy to install and be situated discretely outside your home or garden. Ecodan upgrades freely available heat energy from the air and transfers it to your home to provide hot water and heating for radiators or underfloor heating.
- Second, you need the hot water cylinder that provides your home with a continuous supply of hot water via a dedicated hot water cylinder (like a standard boiler). These cylinders are specifically designed to integrate with the outdoor unit, however, in some cases, they can also work with your existing hot water cylinder.
- Third, you need energy-efficient control. Mitsubishi Electric offers a wide range of controls including an advanced wireless controller which is a simple room controller with features including holiday mode. We also encourage you to download a web-enabled MELCloud controller app to any smart device that allows you to control your system and monitor its performance remotely.
Types of Ecodan:
Ecodan air source heat pumps use 1kW of electrical energy input and take 2.2kW of low temperature renewable heat energy from the air, producing a high efficient 3.2kW heat energy output. This heats refrigerant in the system which in turn heats water for domestic hot water and space heating.